Arsene Wenger has signed a two-year contract extension with Arsenal, according to reports.
Inside World Football columnist Matt Scott claims that the 67-year-old has already put pen to paper on a fresh deal which will keep him at the club for the next two seasons.
It’s understood that Arsenal are now waiting for a suitable time to announce the decision.
Saturday’s 3-1 defeat to West Brom – their fourth loss in five Premier League games – has left Arsenal sixth in the table and six points behind fourth-placed Liverpool.
Following the result, Wenger suggested that he has already decided whether he will call time on his 21-year stint at Arsenal.
‘I will announce my future soon,’ he said. ‘You will soon know and very soon – you will.’
Arsenal fans continue to protest against Wenger, while a group of supporters arranged for a plane to fly overhead at The Hawthorns carrying a message which called for the Frenchman to quit.
Amid the growing unrest among fans, Arsenal were forced to release a statement earlier this month claiming that they ‘understood’ concerns from supporters.
‘Arsene has a contract until the end of the season,’ said Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick.
‘Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.’